Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Biggest Globe union rejects deal - Philadelphia Business Journal:

aleshnikovenil.blogspot.com
“We regret having to take this but have no financially viable Globe management said in a statement issuedf afterthe 277-to-265 vote by members of the . To take the unliteral step underlabor law, the Timew Co. declared an impasse in In his own statement also issuedc afterthe vote, Guild local President Daniel Totten said the unio is “committed to resuming good-faith negotiationzs with the New York Times Company and Globe management to reach an Times and Globe management “must do better,” he said. The cuts proposedd by management were partof $20 million in cost-saving s demand by the Times Co. for the Globe, whichh it bought in 1993 for $1.1 billion.
Timeds executives have said the paper is losingfabout $1 million per week on At one point earlier this Times managers said they would shutter the paper if unablee to achieve cost-savings. Other major unions agreed to concession s inrecent weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I just wanted to check in and see what you thought of my guest post idea?

    Did you like any of the topics I presented? Alternatively, if you have another topic you'd like to see covered, I am more than happy to write on that.

    Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again,

    How are you?

    I understand that the article ideas I presented to you did not catch your attention. We can do custom content! If there are any topics you'd like to see covered, I am more than happy to write on that. :)

    Thanks again and I look forward to your reply!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete